As a highly focused achiever who thrives on challenge, Ryn Bodde has numerous acknowledged accomplishments as an entrepreneur within the technical arena. Commencing his career in the world of technology Ryn grew to hold a variety of senior positions in various large organisations, before founding his own company in the early 1980’s. The focus of the organisation was to provide innovative business services and solutions in the Information and Communications Technology fields. Effectively providing a strong vision a focus on customer service, strong strategic planning followed by a drive for results through the use of management skills, persuasion, lateral thinking, thinking on the fly and Ryn’s natural abilities to readily visualise and conceptualise the future, the company grew into a successful, internationally recognised business.
He has received numerous industry awards for outstanding achievements in successfully implementing groundbreaking international projects, often resulting in revolutionary technological accomplishments. He has published numerous papers and has been guest speaker at both national and international seminars. His business focus resulted in the installation of South African developed mission critical systems in the Metrological and Aviation industries into some 23 countries (including Sweden, Switzerland and the UK).
By nature Ryn is a designer and an inventor with strong people principles and work ethics. These skills are coupled with his confident and tenacious approach and a strong orientation for action. Through the building of his company, he has developed strong business knowledge and understanding as well exemplary leadership skills and is now keen to make the benefit of his experience available to others. Ryn has learned through experience that the key to success dependents, not on how well an individual performs, but on how well he leads and empowers his team to perform. This has lead to a natural interest in Executive Coaching, and Ryn consequently completed intensive personal coaching training within the Coaching Academy run by The People Business under the guidance of a Master Executive Personal Coach and Mentor, Jill Hamlyn and now undertakes coaching assignments with The People Business.
Areas of Expertise / Skills
- Setting business strategy and innovation
- Financial management skills at corporate level
- Management of large and complex projects, from conception to delivery
- Goal setting, team building, motivating others
- Aligning IT systems with the business objectives of an enterprise
- Performing root cause analysis and reasoning power
- Performance management and motivating people
- Chairing complex meetings and facilitation
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Creative thinking
- Data Communications and Networking Systems
- High level of computer literacy and application
- Very broad based knowledge of computer Software, Hardware and the Internet
- Software design and development and implementation of specialised technical solutions
- Design of computer hardware
- Executive coaching and mentoring
- General management: strategic planning, profit generation, corporate governance
- Implementation of ISO 9000 – 2000 quality systems
- Presentation skills
- Needs diagnosis
- Negotiation, conflict handling
- Communication, listening & judgement
- Entrepreneurial successes, business creativity and achievement through passion
Ryn has graduated from The People Business Leadership Coaching Academy and based on his business and coaching experience to date, he qualifies as an Executive Personal and Leadership Coach.