Bev has an extensive range of experience in the business world with a background in the banking, retail and advertising industries. She has an excellent track record in developing and implementing business strategies (particularly marketing strategies) having worked for or with various leading companies in South Africa. This has been demonstrated in her involvement with the development and implementation of some ground-breaking products and services. Her flair for creative thinking and insightful observations means she offers a unique and fresh approach to business.
Bev has acquired her leadership abilities through years of successfully motivating and leading people in various management positions within organizations, including executive directorship and board level appointments. Bev has a genuine interest in people and recognizes the power of unlocking each person's individual performance potential. She believes in creating work environments within which people can have positive experiences while performing to high levels.
Bev has studied towards a degree in Psychology in the United States and in 2002 studied for her Masters in Business Administration. She has also completed the MAP programme at Wits Business School.
Strengths and Experience Summary
- Competent in business strategy development and implementation
- Develop and implement imaginative marketing plans - all above- and below-the-line options
- Extensive experience in fashion and food retailing
- Understanding of the principles and theory applicable to financial management
- Understanding of credit/lending policies and procedures, in particular asset based finance and retail credit
- Understanding of organisational behaviour - designing, scheduling and supervising work, organization design and communication
- Track record of leadership by inspiring people to achieve high levels of performance and a work/life balance
Personal attributes and inherent skills
- Interpersonal skills - interface and communicate effectively
- Analytical ability - gather relevant information, apply logical reasoning and develop results orientated conclusions
- Assertiveness and enthusiasm - pursue goals with commitment and maintain a high energy level
- Intellectual ability - develop new ideas, grasp new concepts and apply imaginative and creative thinking
- "Can do" attitude
“Bev came in alongside me, looking at the world from my perspective, yet at the same time she provided context and perspective.”
Executive Head in large telecommunications company
“Bev understands the Exco level / environment very well – she gave excellent pointers on how to handle situations and I will always remember these!”
General Manager of large mining company